Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vermicomposting

Using earthworms as bait when i went prawning with the girls gave me an idea. Why dont i rear them?

This might sound like a really crazy idea but after doing some research, i really like the idea of setting up a vermicompost!

FYI: Vermicompost is the product or process of composting utilizing various species of worms, usually red wigglers, white worms, and earthworms to create a heterogenous mixture of decomposting vegetable or food waste, bedding materials and vermicast. [Vermicast: Worm shit]

Fantastic right? I can have fun and also increase environment awareness in my home. The last time i did something like this was when i started to recycle all unwanted paper instead of throwing them into the bin. Not to mention that the unwanted paper could be sold to the garang guni for extra bucks! Yay!

So here i am, doing my own research online and searching for suitable bins to store my future wormies! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment